Friday 21 July 2017

Odinn's Log, 19.5

Leaving Steenbergen we made a pit stop so Knutr could fuel up. The sky up ahead looked really threatening, so I decided to go for full wets. Knutr chose intermediates. As it turned out, the latter choice was probably the right one, because despite some small showers, the weather was generally ok.

This left me overheating and sweating for most of the next stint, which included negotiating Antwerp.

The traffic on the Antwerp ring road was chocca as usual. We were almost clear when I peeled off too early and took us into some small suburb. At first I thought I could bluff it out by pulling in a garage for a coffee stop but the garage was just pumps, no shop or anything.

The fiasco that followed, taking 3 further wrong turns can only be attrubuted to my overheating and misreading Tomtom. I can't even blame the equipment this time. Anyway after wasting the best part of 20 minutes trying to get back on track, we finally got back on the correct road, probably just a few hundred metres from where I went wrong. Now stopped for fuel and lunch stop, where the waterproofs have been stowed.

Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment