Tuesday 18 July 2017

Odinn's Log, 17.4

Arrived at our hotel after a great day of riding. Weather has been glorious again and much warmer than we were expecting.

The ride wasn't without incident though. I missed a turnoff that put us on the end of a traffic queue, as roadworks closed the dual carriageway. As we have found before in Germany, they don't always sign a diversion, so I had to reprogram Tomtom to find an alternative. For a while it was a bit fraught not knowing if we were heading in the right direction but once we picked up one of my waypoints I could relax.

The last part of the journey was really good, dare I say it, on one of the longest straight roads I've ridden since Route 66. Straight, yes  built alongside a canal and running for easily 10 miles. Superb for overtaking, as you could see for hundreds of yards. Who said you can only have fun on a motorcycle on twisty roads?

So here we are in Pappenburg, with our room overlooking a canal.

2 more days to go. ☹

No comments:

Post a Comment