Friday 30 June 2017

A Full Irish

I know I've mentioned it before but this is so good, it deserves a second airing.

So, we get to eurotunnel, I go through the check-in and then walk back  in case Knutr needs my help, as I was the one who booked the tickets. He seems to be doing OK until the machine says it doesn't recognise the booking, I try the code again, Still not accepted.  Speaking to the lady over the speaker it becomes clear that the paperwork Knutr has brought with him, is that from last year and he's entering a code from 2016! Luckily the lady can locate the correct booking and we are able to proceed. I had to explain to her that he is Irish! You'll never see a better example of that in action, I bet ;-)

Apart from that the day was pretty unremarkable. It rained pretty much on and off all day, save for the time we spent in Holland and about the last sixty miles in Germany. We arrived at our hotel in Senden about 17:45 local time. It is located adjacent to a service area, so our evening meal was over there. I had a pork snitzel, Knutr a big burger. Those, obviously, were washed down with a couple if Bitburger beers, Both agreed the meal was pretty good and reasonable value at €16 (£14) per head.

As I write, the Confederations Cup Final is on, with Germany leading Chile, 1-0. Knutr has drifted off and is snoring away.

We are already fuelled up ready for the first stint tomorrow, so once we're packed up and fed we can just hit the road. Our final destination is Kolding, in Denmark.

Expect to see some Odinn's logs along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment