Friday 21 July 2017

Odinn's Log 19.7

Well, explain that to me. Can only be attributed to the luck of the Irish.

Parked up waiting for Knutr, I went for a wee.  Came out, no sign of him. Checked phone, just as the battery died. Thought I saw a message from Knutr as the screen faded.

Call to board came on, so I headed through. Maybe with the delay at passport control they have sent him straight through I thought. I get through, still no sign. I try to hook phone up to power but get waved on. On the platform I again attempt to connect the phone and get told we're going up front so no time, as we roll straight on.

Once in the carriage, I was able to get the phone some power. Just enough to read a message from Knutr, saying he is on board and I'm to wait for him. OK, I'm up front, I reply.

As we pulled out it dawned on me that his message had come before I left the car park, so he might be on a different train.

At Folkestone I waited until the eurotunnel van came up the ramp. As I suspected, no Knutr.

I made my way home, rolling up to see Knutr sitting outside.

How on earth? You'll have to ask him about that.

With us both safely back in Chatham, the tour was over. 

I'll back with some stats, so check back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment