Thursday 21 July 2016

345 and counting!

Yes folks, it's only 345 days till the Wild Hogs take to the road on the 2017 Scandinavian Tour. Fingers crossed neither of us has an 11th hour medical emergency, this time round.

In my last post I mentioned about re-booking the hotels. I was able to re-date some and to re-book some others but there remains a number that are not yet taking bookings, so I shall have to keep a watchful eye on them over the coming months. I think I have made one change at the moment, that being our second night stay in Kolding, Denmark. I've managed to bag us something cheaper and a little closer to the town centre. There was nothing wrong with the previous selection at all and it was available to book again, but I took the opportunity to save a few kroner. Take care of the pennies and the pints will take care of themselves ;-)

I was able to re-date my Eurotunnel booking and transfer it to the car, so we shall be having a day trip across to France in September instead, a booze run basically.  Grizzly, spent a couple of days in Belgium to use his crossing and then stayed a couple of days with me. That gave us the opportunity to meet up with two of our Route 66 tour chums, Simon and Vivien. We had a nice few hours lunching and chatting at The Leather Bottle in Cobham, Kent. Grizzly had wanted to visit an old fashioned English pub. Not only does the Leather Bottle ( http://www.theleatherbottle.pub/index ) fit the bill, as an old English pub but it also has the added bonus of being featured in the Pickwick Papers. Indeed, Charles Dickens used to stay in one of the rooms. It was nice to see Simon and Viv again and a big surprise for Grizzly, as I'd kept the meeting a secret.

That's all for now. Come back again soon to see how I'm getting on with the re-planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment