Monday 21 March 2016

Change of Hotel

Copenhagen has been a pig to find decent biker friendly accommodation and in that, I mean with parking, Hens teeth are less rare than a hotel with it's own parking in Denmark's capital. My first hotel choice was a compromise, cheap and with some car parking close by, where we may be able to stick the bikes. I'd seen another hotel that reportedly had it's own parking, though admittedly at a cost but had dismissed it as it was more expensive. Not that anything is cheap!  Then, when reading the small print for the one I'd booked, I discovered that we would have to pay for blankets and towels! That added cost made it more expensive than the other one, so, I revisited the second one. On a room only basis, including linen, it is cheaper but for just an additional £4 over the cost of the first hotel, we can add breakfast and potentially have the use of the garage, for free.  Failing that, there is plenty of on road parking, some motorcycle bays too, surrounding it and I'm reliably (?) informed by the Copenhagen tourist office, that motorcycle parking on street or in car/motorcycle bays, is free.

Needless to say, I have ditched the first and booked the second.

Apart from that, I've been continuing with our tour itinerary and tour book, adding little surprises for Grizzly, to keep him interested and stop him getting a numb bum!  The tour book will need to wait until all the roads have opened again, so I can add the route maps but otherwise it's ready to go to print.

There's now just something like 105 days to go to the off. Roll on summer.



1 comment:

  1. Well done again Woody. There is definitely a job for you in the Tourism Industry, when you take early retirement. I am a bit concerned about the surprises you have planned.

    ReplyDelete